Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Meet our Authors: Phee Paradise

Today, I'm delighted to introduce you to Phee Paradise, one of our newest authors at TMP, but one of our original writers and supporters when we began the Pix-N-Pens blog back in 2007, before the publishing companies were ever a thought. Her latest book, A Sincere Heart, a biography of her grandfather, a missionary in China, will release after the first of the year.

Favorite Christmas Memory



When I was a child, every Christmas Eve the whole family gathered to listen to the story of the Littlest Angel. The story of a lonely little giving his best to Jesus and receiving approval from God reminds me that God loves me too, even when my halo is tarnished and my robe is torn.

Favorite Christmas Book or Movie

I'm glad you didn't ask for my favorite story, since I just answered that. My favorite is How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I could say it's a story about how Jesus changes people, but really I love it because it's just fun.

Favorite Christmas food

The cookies! Sugar cookies, Mexican wedding cakes, chocolate crinkles, eggnog snickerdoodles, peppermint anything . . . and my Aunt Clara's peppernuts. I'd share recipes, but they all came from cookbooks. I love my Betty Crocker cookie book.

[EDITOR'S NOTE: Here's a great recipe for Chewy Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies I made several years ago. Warning: they're addictive!]


Favorite Christmas tradition

After my grandchildren were born, my daughter started the tradition of making homemade gifts for each other. The extended family, including the kids, draw a name and make a gift for that person. This is in addition to anything else we might give and we make a ceremony of opening them on Christmas Eve. I love making gifts and I've received some great ones.

About Phee's books:

In addition to her upcoming book, Phee's work has been published in numerous anthologies and in 2014, the story of her parents as missionaries, Miracles at Midnight, was released by Pix-N-Pens.




She also has a fun fictional short story in A Pixel Perfect Christmas, available in print and on Kindle.



About Phee:

Phee Paradise was blessed to be a missionary kid and loves to share that experience in her writing.  In Miracles at Midnight, she edited her father’s stories about his years on the mission field where he saw God change lives for the Kingdom. Phee has also contributed to several books, including A Ruby Christmas, A Dozen Apologies, Unlikely Merger and Trials and Triumphs. Her biography of her grandfather, a missionary in China will be coming out soon. She prays that her work will be used by God to His glory. 

Cancer Caregivers: Call for Submissions

Last week, we opened a call for submissions from cancer warriors . This week, TMP Books opens a call for submissions from CANCER CAREGIVERS ...