Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Do You Dream?

During the past couple of weeks, I made a very hasty decision - one that would help other
people and help us, too, but it took valuable time from another area and basically, created more problems than it solved. Last night, I made the difficult decision to change course, knowing that I would be letting a friend down, but the new decision was best for me and my family.

This morning, when my husband woke, he said he had a message for me. He said, "Woman, you need to follow your dreams and quit chasing after random things."



All day long, I've thought of his words and realized he's right (he usually is).

I have two primary professional goals:

1) to help other people, but in a different way than this other opportunity. I love helping other people make their dreams of publishing a book come true. I love serving as a conduit through which people can share their stories - their testimonies - their lives - through the written word and through picture books for children, and publish those books so that others might learn, be inspired, or be entertained. That is my goal and it is my dream.

2) to write screenplays. I'm in the final weeks of earning my MFA in screenwriting, and I can't wait until I'm able to spend quality time honing the ideas and scripts I started during school. My goals are to write them - my dreams are to have them produced into film or produce them myself. We'll see where the Lord leads on that one, won't we? It's been a fun journey, and I'm already working with a couple of authors on adapting their novels into screenplays. The best of both worlds!!

Yes, I am a dreamer.

Are you? What are your dreams?

Do you dream of publishing a book?

If so, I'd love to talk to you more about the whole process. Let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to send me an e-mail or Facebook message. I'd love to see if we could make your dreams a reality.



Cancer Caregivers: Call for Submissions

Last week, we opened a call for submissions from cancer warriors . This week, TMP Books opens a call for submissions from CANCER CAREGIVERS ...